What we need
We are looking for a People Advisor to join our technology consultancy based in Central London.
As People & Training Advisor, you’ll be working with the Head of People, to support in driving the people strategy for the business by ensuring that it remains aligned with the overall commercial strategy. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational efficiencies of the People function alongside supporting our technical and non technical training offering.
You and our values
In line with our Daemon Values you have integrity (of course) and you’re a passionate, approachable pragmatist with a progressive outlook.
Who you’ll work with
- People Managers
- Talent Team
- Daemon Leadership Team
You will be responsible for a wide range of activities to ensure we are continually striving for efficiency, whilst improving delivery of People team services to all employees;
- Supporting People Managers and Engagement Leads in all matters relating to People. including sickness absence, maternity, disciplinary, high performance and capability
- Full ownership of onboarding, including inductions and training for new starters.
- Review and support the Head of People and Head of Resourcing in building out relevant blended learning pathways for colleagues including legislative, daemon specific bitesize learning courses.
- Manage and maintain the training database for training reporting, arranging refresher training and scheduling essential retraining as required.
- Update Employee Handbook and associated policies on an ongoing basis with legislative updates
- Offboarding, including exit interviews and ensuring a positive experience as we say farewell to colleagues
- Management of the HR System (Bamboo HR) to ensure we are getting the most out of this central hub of information
- Management of Employee Relations cases across the business from an end-to-end delivery perspective including final outcomes, whilst ensuring compliance with employment legislation, best practice and employee experience
- Manage probationary process for colleagues including 3 month and 6 month check in’s to ensure colleague is set up for success.
- Communicating maternity/paternity policy to relevant employees, assisting with any queries and ensuring all relevant paperwork is produced.
- First point of contact to ensure a swift response for all employee and manager queries (e.g, probation reviews, policy advice, sickness absence, parental leave, disciplinary, grievance)
- Support in collation of the monthly and quarterly people reporting
- Conduct regular audits of people records in line with local legislation (both UK, SA and any further locations)
- Mentoring junior members of the Operations and People team
- Play a key role in developing the reputation and associated evolution of the People Team as a proactive, innovative, and strategic function, ensuring people decisions are made consistently and fairly.
- Proven experience at HR Advisory level including Employee Relations & HR Policy and up to date understanding of UK employment legislation to appropriately advise and lead on performance and ER cases.
- Experience in report building, analytics & operations, with a strong attention to detail ensuring all reports, data and written work are correct in detail and without error.
- The ability and desire to work autonomously, working with senior level stakeholders globally, with support for development into People Partner level.
- Operates at a fast pace demonstrating the ability to influence and challenge when needed.
- Acts with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times and is a key source of human resource advice and support for the senior management team.
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Possess commercial acumen and an ability to demonstrate the value added by the People function.
- CIPD level 3 qualification
- Have a proven background in strategic planning and driving HR initiatives.
- Experienced at managing change and working to short, time-based deadlines.
- Be an ambassador of our vision and values and embody them
Tooling and Tech
You can show good knowledge and skills using these:
- Jira & Confluence (desirable)
Benefits you’ll receive (UK specific)
- Pension Contribution
- Private Healthcare (extended to family members)
- Dental Cover (extended to family members)
- 25 days holiday (buy/sell up to 5 days)
- Death In Service cover - 4 x annual salary
- Regular Daemon Socials, clubs and more
More on Daemon ...
A great culture and a place you want to work
Most of our success has been down to the people and culture that we have created. Everyone is welcoming and supportive, but also focused on delivering a great service to our clients, whilst having some fun at the same time.
Watch our culture video here
Access and support from an experienced team
Our team is composed of experts from a wide range of differing backgrounds.. You will have constant access and support from the team.
Training and development
We focus on personal & career development with a package of tools helping individuals to upskill. This can range from becoming certified in new or existing tools relevant to your specialism to informal training internally.
Multiple enterprise clients
You will gain experience working with multiple enterprise clients.
We’re committed to doing business based on our values, you can find out more here.