At Daemon our vision is to make the world a better place with technology. We do that through our people and values; we take pride in forming long term relationships built on trust with colleagues, partners and clients alike.
What We Do
We offer a number of core services to enable our clients to deliver on their transformation programmes, these include:
- Cloud native software engineering
- Cloud adoption, migration and optimisation
- Data, ML & AI enablement
We support this with Delivery excellence through Performance Engineering, DevOps, and Design Thinking.
What to Expect
As a member of the Daemon DevOps practice, you’ll be working on an exciting, challenging and rewarding project in a friendly, high performing team for a famous brand. You’ll develop personally and professionally, and you can do so knowing you’ll have some of the smartest consultants around to help deliver on the project.
What we need
We are looking for a DevOps Consultant with a minimum of 4 years experience working on large scale cloud migration projects (AWS). Someone who has experience of being the technical authority on a project and is comfortable leading a small team.
You’re an excellent oral and written communicator able to adapt to working with senior and junior colleagues alike as well as engaging with C-level stakeholders at clients. You have a strong ability to transform technical requirements into DevOps processes and hold at least one AWS certification.
You and our values
In line with our Daemon Values you have integrity (of course) and you’re a passionate, approachable pragmatist with a progressive outlook.
You will be responsible for a wide range of activities including:
- Take requirements from clients and deploy and configure AWS resources.
- Build monitoring for infrastructure resources and proactively identify bottlenecks and advise or implement remediation steps.
- Manage deployment and CI/CD pipelines.
- Debugging and troubleshooting services, databases, cloud infrastructure.
- Keen eye for automation and improving efficiency.
- Research and collaborate with the platform development team on Cloud infrastructure components.
- Take ownership of internal tools which are a combination of Jira & Confluence.
- System Administration (CentOS and RHEL)
- AWS certified
- Scripting and language skills (Ruby/ Python/ Bash/ Java)
- Automated environment build tooling (Terraform for Infra as code)
- Databases (Oracle/ PL-SQL/ SQL server etc)
- Containerization (docker), container orchestration (Kubernetes/RedHat OpenShift/Fargate)
Who you’ll work with
You’ll be working closely with the Head Of DevOps in transitioning this customer into a fully cloud native environment.
More on Daemon
A great culture and a place you want to work
Most of our success has been down to the people and culture that we have created. Everyone is welcoming and supportive, but also focused on delivering a great service to our clients, whilst having some fun at the same time. Watch our culture video here
Access and support from an experienced team of consultants
Our Engineering & Development consulting team is composed of experts from several industries and market leaders such as John Lewis, Puppet, RackSpace to name a few. You will have constant access and support from the team.
Multiple enterprise clients
You will gain experience working with multiple enterprise clients across a range of engagements, enabling you to finely tune your skill set and learn new technologies.
In 2007 Calum Fitzgerald and Steve Bennett founded Daemon, a technology consultancy that puts people first. We’re a growing business with over 100 consultants working on exciting projects with well known clients.
We’re committed to doing business based on our values, you can find out more here.