At Daemon our vision is to make the world a better place with technology. We do that through our people and values; we take pride in forming long term relationships built on trust with colleagues, partners and clients alike.
What We Do
We offer a number of core services to enable our clients to deliver on their transformation programmes, these include:
- Cloud native software engineering
- Cloud adoption, migration and optimisation
- Data, ML & AI enablement
We support this with Delivery excellence through Performance Engineering, DevOps, and Design Thinking.
What to Expect
As a Daemon consultant you’ll work on exciting, challenging and rewarding projects in friendly, high performing teams with some famous brands. You’ll develop personally and professionally, and learn alongside some of the smartest consultants around.
What we need
We are looking for a Senior level Consultant with a core skill in developing using Golang to join our growing technology consultancy based in Central London.
You’re a strong oral and written communicator comfortable working with senior stakeholders. You’re happy managing your own activities, setting your own objectives where appropriate and working with your own development plan. You have what it takes to motivate teams of all sizes and you can manage conflict situations with empathy, diplomacy and sensitivity. You’re happy getting involved with the domain community whether that’s blogging, events or webinars. You have an entrepreneurial mindset that means you look for opportunities wherever you think there is value and you always take pride in the high level of quality you bring to all delivery.
You and our values
In line with our Daemon Values you have integrity (of course) and you’re a passionate, approachable pragmatist with a progressive outlook.
You will be responsible for a wide range of activities including:
- Implementing rest APIs over interfaces on AWS
- Involved, both in the implementation of new and innovative solutions, as well as the support, maintenance, and improvement of existing solutions.
- Helping to continuously improve the team’s development processes.
- Develop custom modules and integrate with third party solutions.
- Key understanding of Cloud Services.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience with the wider team and junior members.
- Ability to talk to senior non-technical staff.
You will be reporting to our Head of Engineering.
- Experience interfacing web APIs with Public Cloud
- Consultancy experience demonstrating exceptional communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management at all levels
You can show good knowledge and skills using these:
- Development methodologies, life cycles, and coding best practices (e.g. unit testing).
- Version Control solutions, ideally GitHub.
- Agile methodologies (especially Scrum) are considered advantageous.
Who you’ll work with
You’ll be working alongside our Head of Engineering & Principal Consultants within our Engineering and DevOps Practices. You’ll also be assigned a Mentor and a Mentee.
Benefits you’ll receive
- Pension Contribution
- Private Healthcare, including Mental Health (extended to family members)
- Dental Cover (extended to family members)
- 25 days holiday (buy/sell up to 5 days) plus Bank Holidays
- Death In Service policy
- Regular Daemon Socials, clubs and more
More on Daemon
A great culture and a place you want to work
Most of our success has been down to the people and culture that we have created. Everyone is welcoming and supportive, but also focused on delivering a great service to our clients, whilst having some fun at the same time. Watch our culture video here
Access and support from an experienced team of consultants
Our Engineering & Development consulting team is composed of experts from several industries and market leaders such as John Lewis, Puppet, RackSpace to name a few. You will have constant access and support from the team.
Training and development
We strongly encourage our team to become certified in new or existing technologies which we will pay for. There will also be informal training internally on new products.
Multiple enterprise clients
You will gain experience working with multiple enterprise clients across a range of engagements, enabling you to finely tune your skill set and learn new technologies.
In 2007 Calum Fitzgerald and Steve Bennett founded DaemOn, a technology consultancy that puts people first. We’re a growing business with over 100 consultants working on exciting projects with well known clients.
We’re committed to doing business based on our values, you can find out more here.