At Daemon our vision is to make the world a better place with technology. We do that through our people and values; we take pride in forming long term relationships built on trust with colleagues, partners and clients alike.
What We Do
We offer a number of core services to enable our clients to deliver on their transformation programmes, these include:
- Cloud native software engineering
- Cloud adoption, migration and optimisation
- Data, ML & AI enablement
We support this with Delivery excellence through Performance Engineering, DevOps, and Design Thinking.
What to Expect
As a member of the Dae.mn Engineering team, you’ll be looking to win work on exciting, challenging and rewarding projects in friendly, high performing teams with some famous brands. You’ll develop personally and professionally, and you can do so knowing you’ll have some of the smartest consultants around to deliver the projects.
What we need
We are looking for a Principal level Consultant with a minimum of 8 years experience to join our growing technology consultancy based in Central London. This position requires you to be engaged on client projects and where possible, on client sites. You’ll be involved from start to finish.
You’re an excellent oral and written communicator comfortable working with senior and C-level stakeholders. You lead by example in being pragmatic, productive but also creative. You have what it takes to motivate teams of all sizes and manage development plans for self and others, knowing areas to focus on to progress.
You actively shape/own a domain community whether that’s blogging, events or webinars. You have an entrepreneurial mindset that means you look for opportunities wherever you think there is value and you always take pride in the high level of quality you bring to all delivery.
You and our values
In line with our Daemon Values you have integrity (of course) and you’re a passionate, approachable pragmatist with a progressive outlook.
You will be responsible for a wide range of activities including:
- Assisting clients create Machine Learning & AI Solutions
- Help define best practices on implementation for ML & AI projects
- Define work packages and plan for success
- Communication of complex technical problems in simple terms
- Lead Engineering/ML team to deliver the engagements to clients
You will be reporting to our Head of Machine Learning & AI / Engineering.
- Experience implementing machine learning solutions for clients
- Consultancy experience demonstrating exceptional communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management at all levels
- Experience implementing machine learning projects in production
- Experience with personalisation/recommenders projects,( experience with forecasting projects is a nice to have)
- Experience managing a team of mid to senior engineers
Tooling and Tech
You can show good knowledge and skills using these:
- AWS, Azure, GCP (1 or a combination of)
- A strong understanding of Agile best practices
- A strong understanding of ML best practices
- A strong understanding/experience of python
- A strong understanding of engineering principles and projects
- Pytorch, Tensorflow (1 or combination of)
Who you’ll work with
Internally, you’ll be assigned a mentee, whom you can help develop with your experience. On projects, you’ll be working with Senior Consultants and Consultants helping you deliver solutions to our clients.
Benefits you’ll receive
- Pension Contribution
- Private Healthcare, including Mental Health (extended to family members)
- Dental Cover (extended to family members)
- 25 days holiday (buy/sell up to 5 days) plus Bank Holidays
- Death In Service policy
- Regular Daemon Socials, clubs and more
More on Daemon
A great culture and a place you want to work
Most of our success has been down to the people and culture that we have created. Everyone is welcoming and supportive, but also focused on delivering a great service to our clients, whilst having some fun at the same time. Watch our culture video here
Access and support from an experienced team of consultants
Our Engineering & Development consulting team is composed of experts from several industries and market leaders such as John Lewis, Puppet, RackSpace to name a few. You will have constant access and support from the team.
Training and development
We strongly encourage our team to become certified in new or existing technologies which we will pay for. There will also be informal training internally on new products.
Multiple enterprise clients
You will gain experience working with multiple enterprise clients across a range of engagements, enabling you to finely tune your skill set and learn new technologies.
In 2007 Calum Fitzgerald and Steve Bennett founded Daemon, a technology consultancy that puts people first. We’re a growing business with over 100 consultants working on exciting projects with well known clients.
We’re committed to doing business based on our values, you can find out more here.